/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/cei-logo-tm.png 0 0 Carter /wp-content/uploads/2017/07/cei-logo-tm.png Carter2022-08-18 18:13:562022-08-18 18:13:56Sr. Engineer
CovertTM Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time experienced Process & Project Engineer to join our food processing and packaging engineering consulting team. The successful applicant will join a work environment that offers rewarding and challenging work in a desirable office atmosphere. We are looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented individual with a positive attitude, strong problem-solving skills, and a team collaborator. For further information about the company, visit our website at www.covertengineers.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Mechanical, Packaging, Chemical, or other relevant engineering subject area.
- 5+ years of experience in process or packaging engineering.
- Project management experience.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a team-based environment.
- Responsible, accountable, and motivated individual with a desire to help wherever needed.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Create mass balance process flows & calculations (Excel / block flow diagrams) and heat exchange (conceptual, theoretical, & applicable).
- Create new process designs from a ‘blank sheet’ to get design effort started.
- Apply engineering principles and calculations for the design of process solutions.
- Independently develop proposals for approval by owners.
- Independently manage engineering budget, cost control, deliverables, and invoicing.
- Maintain accurate and timely electronic project files for a diverse client base.
- Troubleshoot design challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project, and AutoCAD.
What we would LOVE you to have used or be familiar with the following:
- Practice in one or more of the following industries: food, dairy, distillery, winery, or brewery.
- Experience with powder handling design, process design (CIP systems), equipment layout design, HVAC design, utility design in the following areas such as boiler systems, refrigeration systems, compressed air, plumbing, water, steam, etc.
- Experience in creating process PIDs for the food industry and/or piping PIDs.
- Knowledge of design standards and what is needed to produce construction documentation.
- Familiar with basic food processing equipment and features such as washdown, sanitary design, and inspection requirements.
- Familiarity with basic food processing regulations (GMPs, FDA, USDA, 3A)
- Experience with Revit.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education.
Benefit Package Includes:
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with employer match.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Voluntary supplemental insurance.
- Paid vacation, personal days and holidays.
Contact Jack at 503-603-0995 or
Job Category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time